Mr. Klitsas is the managing partner of Klitsas & Vercher P.C. Mr. Klitsas has been recognized nationally as a top trial attorney for representing injured victims for over 27 years.
He is a frequent speaker at continuing legal education programs on topics including voir dire, “non-subscriber” litigation, and legal ethics. He has also appeared on local television talk shows discussing negligence issues, as well as national news programs discussing the practice of law. Mr. Klitsas graduated from the University of Houston in 1985 with a degree in Business Marketing. He worked as marketing manager for 7 years for SYSCO Food Corporation. He pursued his legal education at night while working for SYSCO and graduated from South Texas College of Law in 1992. Mr. Klitsas has served as lead counsel in cases involving the BP oil spill, the BP plant explosion, the lawsuit involving Houston Uber drivers vs Uber and a national lawsuit representing workers against Starbucks.
Mr. Klitsas has recieved recognition from:
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- “AV” rated by Martindale Hubbard – the highest peer review rating an attorney can receive for legal and ethical standards.
- “Texas Super Lawyer” – Texas Monthly Magazine
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- “500 Leading Plaintiff Lawyers in America” – Law Dragon
- “Houston’s Top Lawyers” – H Magazine
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
In addition, Mr. Klitsas has held numerous positions in trial lawyer organizations dedicated to protect the rights of victims. These positions include:
- President – Texas Trial Lawyers Advocates
- Vice President – Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- Chairman – JFK Elementary Mentor Program
- Charter Member – Texas Watch Consumer Protection Program